LEARNING AND PRACTICING COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER
All the force training I know seems to be almost too powerful now that I've been training for some time. I am immensely looking forward to taking all the courses at the UK Summer Camp! Looking forward even more to attending an intensive kung fu course and consolidating all my Sifu has taught me.
— David, USA
It is important to differentiate my courses, both regional and intensive, from the regular classes taught by your sifu and other Shaolin Wahnam instructors.
My courses, including regional ones, are intensive. My intensive courses in Malaysia are very intensive. Course participants learn in a few days what they would learn in a year or more in regular classes. Most other students in other schools will never learn what our students will learn, no matter for how long they may train. They may be angry reading this; that is their problem and their business. Frankly, I don't want to waste my time on them.
What I write here is for our students. It is useful for our students to know the difference between what we practice in our school, and what most other people practice in other schools.
I always justify my statements. What do participants in my courses and students taught by our instructors in regular classes learn in a few days or a year that most other people may not learn even when they have trained for many years? Let us leave aside details like ensuring safety first and rotating the waist, and focus on main points. How many kungfu practitioners today have internal force and are able to apply their kungfu techniques for combat after having trained for 20 years? It is indeed shocking how much kungfu has degraded.
Why don't our instructors teach in a few days instead of spreading the instructional material over a year? It is for our students' benefit. Students need time to develop the appropriate skills, which will not only improve their kungfu but also enrich their daily life. The students also need time to adjust themselves to the new levels of energy, otherwise they will over-train with adverse results.
Then, why do I teach a year's material in a few days? It is also for the students' benefit. For obvious reasons, it is not feasible for students to learn from me over a year like in a regular class. So I condense the material into a few days so that more deserving students all over the world can benefit.
My courses and the regular classes taught by our instructors complement each other. The focus of my course is to learn. The focus of the regular classes is to practice. Learning constitutes only 5% of practical success; the remaining 95% is practice. Students in our school are indeed lucky to have these two learning and the practicing opportunities that complement each other.
The Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course is unbelievable. It covers material ranging from beginners' to masters' level. You will learn all that you need to become a genuine master.
The above is taken from Question 2 December 2015 Part 2 of the Selection of Questions and Answers.
Courses and Classes